Main IndexAuto Repair Home Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Search Auto Parts

help help PLEASE HELP ME!

  Email This Post

New User

Jun 20, 2006, 6:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (2092 views)
post icon help help PLEASE HELP ME! Sign In

I want to change out my F-150 from a 4 barrel to a 2 barrel Carb... I know they make plates to go from 2 barrel to 4 barrel... do they make them to go the other
way so I do not have to mess with the intake?? Please can anyone help me??

New User

May 5, 2008, 8:35 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1806 views)
Re: help help PLEASE HELP ME! Sign In

the 4 barrel will actually get better mileage than the 2 barrel if you keep your foot out of it because the primaries are smaller.

Tom Greenleaf
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Tom Greenleaf profile image

May 5, 2008, 5:13 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1804 views)
Re: help help PLEASE HELP ME! Sign In

True: 4v is better but costs more to replace. What year is this thing? I don't know of a plate to go from 4 to 2v and they did do that the other way which was stupid.

If you must - just get the carb and manifold together but you are wasting $ to save nothing,


  Email This Post

Feed Button

Search for (options) Privacy Sitemap