Main IndexAuto Repair Home Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Search Auto Parts

fuel system

  Email This Post

New User

Jun 7, 2008, 11:24 AM

Post #1 of 1 (2321 views)
post icon fuel system Sign In

I have a 96 gmc suburban(89 block 96 heads) 5.7 tpi. Started hesitating and wouldn't take acceleration. Wud idle good but died when u tried revving the engine. I replaced air and fuel filter and plugs. Disconnect fuel line from "out" side of fuel filter, plenty of fuel comes thru. Today engine turn over fast but won't start but not getting fuel. Auto Zone says fuel pressure regulator, bought the "little booger" ($70), no screws or bolt needed. My problem seems to lay between the fuel filter and throttle body(see no fuel coming thru). My question is 1. How do I know that i need the pressure regulator oppose to weak fuel pump? 2. Where is the pressure regulator normally located? 3. I bought pressure regulator for 96 350TPI or do i need one for 89 350TPI motor?

  Email This Post

Feed Button

Search for (options) Privacy Sitemap