Main IndexAuto Repair Home Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Search Auto Parts

2007 Ford Focus SE `

  Email This Post

New User

Sep 29, 2013, 6:18 PM

Post #1 of 2 (842 views)
2007 Ford Focus SE ` Sign In


I am having a bit of an issue with my car, I believe I know what the issue is but I'm not 100% for sure. On the passenger side rear wheel it sounds like a squeegee when I am driving. With the car parked I pushed down near the rear passenger wheel and it made the same noise. I believe it's the strut. Now my question, how much would it cost me to get it replaced at a mechanic shop? I'd appreciate all advice!

Tom Greenleaf
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Tom Greenleaf profile image

Sep 29, 2013, 6:53 PM

Post #2 of 2 (832 views)
Re: 2007 Ford Focus SE ` Sign In

You are probably correct but still verify it. There are support bars and rubber bushings that could make noise too. You might see oil coming out of shock part of a strut or not. Alignment is also indicated if THEY are replaced as they should be done in pairs if so.

Both labor rates and parts needed can vary in prices so can't say and it's not certain yet so cost is not so easy to say. Get it diagnosed and a quote/estimate from a shop. You can get an idea by just looking up parts prices yourself but let the shop diagnose it - don't just say "do XYZ" or that's what you'll get and may not be the problem,


  Email This Post

Feed Button

Search for (options) Privacy Sitemap