Main IndexAuto Repair Home Search Posts SEARCH
Who's Online WHO'S
Log in LOG

Search Auto Parts

Help Identifying Part

  Email This Post

New User

Oct 24, 2017, 10:28 AM

Post #1 of 4 (584 views)
Help Identifying Part Sign In

My son has a 01 Nissan Altima GXE and needs to replace control arm on the front passenger side. I took it to a mechanic and he told me where the control arm connects to the frame is rusted and needs to be replaced as well. He wasn't sure of the name of the piece and gave me control arm mount or control arm frame. However, I cannot find this part anywhere so I was hoping someone could assist. The pic in the link below is not what my sons car looks like but just using it as reference.

Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Discretesignals profile image

Oct 24, 2017, 10:49 AM

Post #2 of 4 (565 views)
Re: Help Identifying Part Sign In

That is the engine sub frame.

Since we volunteer our time and knowledge, we ask for you to please follow up when a problem is resolved.

New User

Oct 24, 2017, 10:52 AM

Post #3 of 4 (561 views)
Re: Help Identifying Part Sign In

Thank you for a quick response!!!


Tom Greenleaf
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Tom Greenleaf profile image

Oct 24, 2017, 11:37 AM

Post #4 of 4 (547 views)
Re: Help Identifying Part Sign In

? If this needs whole new support/sub frame to do this job because of rust what is the shape of the rest of the car, other side and rear? This IMO isn't normally replaced just "willy nilly" it might mean car just is too rusted to fix and you and son should know that.

Used by odds if just that a maybe I didn't find it aftermarket just FTI,


(This post was edited by Tom Greenleaf on Oct 24, 2017, 11:38 AM)

  Email This Post

Feed Button

Search for (options) Privacy Sitemap