Main IndexAuto Repair Home Search Posts SEARCH
POSTS
Who's Online WHO'S
ONLINE
Log in LOG
IN







Search Auto Parts

Body Magnet Residue


  Email This Post



BuckeyeGirl
New User

Jul 16, 2016, 5:03 PM

Post #1 of 5 (472 views)
Body Magnet Residue Sign In

I attempted to remove a car magnet from my rear panel and the vinyl came off, leaving a thick black layer of the rest of the magnet. It's at least a 1/4 inch think. I attempted to budge it with a fingernail and it's on for the long term.

Need ideas on how to remove myself before going to the dealer


Discretesignals
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Discretesignals profile image

Jul 16, 2016, 6:43 PM

Post #2 of 5 (464 views)
Re: Body Magnet Residue Sign In

Have you tried using a plastic card or plastic scraper?





Since we volunteer our time and knowledge, we ask for you to please follow up when a problem is resolved.


Tom Greenleaf
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Tom Greenleaf profile image

Jul 16, 2016, 11:04 PM

Post #3 of 5 (455 views)
Re: Body Magnet Residue Sign In

Was that self stick something? Use a hair dryer and soft plastic like not more than a credit card might do?


T



BuckeyeGirl
New User

Jul 17, 2016, 1:52 PM

Post #4 of 5 (444 views)
Re: Body Magnet Residue Sign In

Am using the hair dryer and a credit card- it's working slowly but surely - have at least a 10 x 10 patch to clean off. Will never put on another magnet again!

Thanks for the suggestions.


Tom Greenleaf
Ultimate Carjunky / Moderator
Tom Greenleaf profile image

Jul 17, 2016, 8:54 PM

Post #5 of 5 (432 views)
Re: Body Magnet Residue Sign In

Good so far. The remaining ick if so use or try some harmless stuff to paint. Usually a lanolin hand cleaner called GOOP without pumice if you can find that type.


Maguire's Cleaner wax is a non abrasive cleaner of odd stuff, even paint transfer from another vehicle or thing many times.


Test "GooGone" for the adhesive like price tag, bumper stickers it is likely to remove without harm as well.


Do not use one edge razor blades!


Back to hair dryer. Make sure it's not too hot to blister paint and can still work with constant supply of soft cotton cloth.


Check (they claim everything) WD-40 as a cleaner! I've never had that harm paint - yet. It's secret isn't secret, it's dominantly a fish oil once declared edible no longer but not toxic anything I know of,


T







  Email This Post
 
 


Feed Button




Search for (options) Privacy Sitemap

shopify
site analytics